1. The potential of chromium is negative than that of iron. Steel chromium plating is an anode protective coating, and chromium itself easily forms an extremely thin passive film in the atmosphere, so it is resistant to corrosion.
2. The chrome coating has good heat resistance.
3. The advantages of chrome plating are high hardness, good wear resistance and strong light reflectivity.
4. The chromium plating layer is porous, so it is not ideal for the corrosion of steel, so it is generally plated first with copper, then with nickel and finally with a layer of chromium to achieve the purpose of corrosion prevention and decoration.
5. The shortcomings of chrome plating are too hard, brittle and easy to fall off.